About a year ago, I bought a long sleeved, off white blouse that, for some reason, struck my fancy. I had been in a Victorian lace, vintage-y phase and the blouse had the coolest buttons. So I bought it, brought it home, and never wore it. Ever.
Today, I found it and cringed when I saw the pocket embroidery. If it weren't for those buttons I would have never bought this shirt in the first place!
Now that I have assessed the problem areas, I have to come up with a plan.
To take part in this much needed diy, you will need:
- One ugly blouse
- Straight pins of some sort
- A needle and thread
- Fabric to patch over that horrendous pocket
- And enough of the same fabric to cover the cuffs
Before we go on, I must say that I changed my mind about redoing the cuffs and just hacked off the sleeves completely. I did not take out the stitches or make a pretty hem either. I'm not positive what I'm going to do about the fluttery fringe that is left. I might leave it; it makes the shirt feel more rugged and like its supposed to be a tad ugly.